Sunday, August 12, 2012

My first post.

 It's a small world after all!

My experience with photography dates back to the 80's when I bought my first camera, a Minolta 700X with a 50mm 1.4F lens.  Back then, manual focus was the only way to shoot photos.  It was challenging with no room for mistakes.  Aperture setting & speed setting was a painful experience with many "misses" 

After a few years, I opted for fishing and kept my camera in the storeroom for several years until my interest was rekindled again with the onslaught of digital SLRs in the 2000's.  I bought my first digital SLR, a Canon 450D in 2008.  It was a joy!  You can afford to click away relentlessly without any concern for bad copies.  The magic word was "delete".  It was during this time that I took a strong interest in macro photography.  The excellent macro collection from all the masters and "sifu" has inspired me to pursue this wonderful genre in photography.  I have upgraded my camera to a Canon 7D in 2011.  My current arsenal is a humble 100mm macro lens, Voightlander 40mm 2.0F lens, Sigma 10-20mm wide angle lens and a Tamron 17-50mm zoom lens.

This blog offers me an opportunity to express my "view" on those tiny creatures, bugs, flora etc.  I hope you will enjoy the photos that I have posted here.  I welcome any comments and suggsestions as I continue my macro journey for many years to come.



The picture above is one of my favourite shot of a jumper spider with it's "lunch".



A Mexican 'stand off' between a butterfly and a bug.


A large jumper admiring it's lunch.

A hooverfly resting. A classic pose.

No comments:

Post a Comment